Rice Water: It comes to no surprise that women in the south east Asia like China, Japan have been using rice water since ages and it has proved to be beneficial in terms of hair growth, but definitely it will be different to every person, the effect might not be the same, but the effect will be there sooner or later. According to research it is said that the women in the Hein period had floor length hair and their secret was using rice water. Also now in a village called “Huangluo”, women in this village are known for their long, thick and black hair and all credits go our magical “Rice Water”
It is basically soaking boiled rice water for few days and letting it ferment, it is said that the fermentation process is what makes this water so special.
Benefits of Rice Water: Rice water contains Minerals, Amino Acids, B Vitamins, Vitamin E and Antioxidants.
I do not have to elaborate much out here as the above makes it clear about the good available in it.
So how do we create this Magical Potion at home?
- Take a cup of Raw Rice and soak it in a Jar of Water (you can add more water but add more raw rice then)
- Soak it for at least 2-3 hours.
- Separate the rice from the water.
- Keep the rice aside for your use.
- Now place the rice water in a clean pan
- Peel an orange or Pomelo Fruit (Keep the skins aside of whichever fruit you are using)
- Now place the Skins in the rice water.
- Start Boiling the water along with the skin.
- Cool the water a bit.
- Place it in a airt tight jar to let it ferment
- Make sure the jar is placed in a dark place.
- Make sure you also place the fruit skins along with the water.
- Many keep it for overnight, but I read and tried for at least 4-5 days.
- After the fermentation period you can open the jar, the water smells good just because we added the Orange/ Pomelo Skins into it.
- Take big Bucket and Place the jar just next to it.
- This Method is best done when you sit on the floor.
- You need to Shampoo your hair well before using the rice water.
- Sit on the floor put your hair in front of your face now pour the rice water on your hair while the bucket that is kept under your hair will accumulate all the water that runs through your hair.
- Pour the water back from the bucket to the jar and repeat the step by pouring the water onto the hair while the bucket underneath collects the water.
- Repeat this step at least 3-4 times.
- Now discard the Rice water because you have used it enough.
- Keep it on the hair for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with normal tap water.
- That’s All you have to do and then later just carry on with your regular routine.
- If you have curly hair like mine, then this water keeps the curls well.
Using this method twice month is good for me, the first time I felt my hair was not so good for this method as it felt hard and starchy after the rinse but later on, I guess the hair adapts this method.
I hope you liked this simple way of taking care of your hair.
Before trying check for any allergies in case you are sensitive to the fermented water.